1. Shield and Weatherproof! One of the most reliable HEATING AND COOLING system worldwide could not make up for a badly shielded residence. Drafty windows and door seals and under-insulated attics as well as outside wall surfaces could trigger your HVAC to function double-time trying to keep up.
2. Not all heating, air flow as well as cooling (COOLING AND HEATING) equipment is equal. As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to cooling and heating. So making smart decisions about your house's A/C system can have a large effect on your energy expenses-- as well as your comfort.
3. Cooling and heating expenses account for nearly half the home's complete power expense. If your central air system is more than 10 years old, changing it with an ENERGY STAR ® certified, high-efficiency design could cut your air conditioning expenses by 30 percent.
4. ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioners have a higher seasonal power effectiveness ratio (SEER) than typical versions, that makes them about 14% extra effective than standard versions. The higher the SEER, the better the effectiveness. Because sizing and also appropriate installation of a central air conditioning system are essential to energy efficiency and residence comfort, it is important to work with a qualified professional.
5. Heat pumps that qualify for the Smart Energy Savers Program have a greater seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) and home heating seasonal performance aspect (HSPF) than common models, that makes them concerning 8% percent much more effective than common new designs and also 20% more effective compared to what you may currently have in your residence.
6. Gas furnaces receiving discounts have annual fuel usage performance (AFUE) rankings of 92%, or higher, making them up to 15% much more effective compared to typical models. One in four heating systems in U.S. houses today is greater than Two Decade old. Certifying gas heaters make use of advanced technology to deliver higher efficiency than basic new furnaces available today.
7. High-efficiency cooling and heating equipment gotten approved for the BGE rebate meet or exceed the U.S. Epa's ENERGY STAR ® needs for item effectiveness.
8. When is it time to replace your central heating and cooling system?
When your devices needs constant repair services as well as your energy costs are boosting.
When your heat pump or a/c Heating and Cooling Contractor is more than One Decade old. Take into consideration replacing it with a more recent, a lot more energy reliable devices that meets the Smart Energy Savers Program refund efficiency degrees
When your heating system is greater than 15 years old. Take into consideration replacing it with a more recent, a lot more energy-efficient heating system that fulfills the Smart Energy Savers Program rebate effectiveness levels.
9. Although these items can be much more expensive to buy in advance, the expense distinction will be repaid over time with reduced energy expenses. Be sure to ask your specialist about Smart Energy Savers Program Heating & Air conditioning Refunds which could substantially help reduce the distinction in price in between standard and high-efficiency items.
10. Correct maintenance can go a long way in stopping future heating and cooling system problems. Ask your specialist concerning yearly pre-season check-ups. Specialists usually obtain very busy during summertime and also cold weather, so it's a good idea to check the cooling system in the spring as well as the heating system in the fall.